I will be presenting at two different conferences in Europe: SQL Nexus and SQLBITS. Joseph Sirosh, Corporate Vice President of the Data Group, will be delivering the keynotes at both these conferences. There are multiple sessions from Microsoft speakers from Data Group, SQL Server Customer Advisory Team (more famously known as SQLCAT) and other SQL Server community experts which would make this conference worth your time.
My team, MSSQLTIGER, will be presenting other sessions at these events. A full list can be found on the Tiger blog.
SQL Nexus – 2nd – 4th May, 2016
Session Name: Recent SQL Server Enhancements: We heard, We built, We shipped! (Session Link)
Length: Full Day
Date: 2nd May, 2016
- Have you wondered if there was an enhancement which made your job easier in monitoring or troubleshooting a SQL Server issue?
- Have you ever wished for a change in SQL Server which made your job easier?
- Did you wonder what SQL Server can do for you in the cloud?
If your answer was YES to any of the questions above, then attend this session to know more about the improvements in SQL Server which would help your current workloads on SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014 and SQL Server 2016. We will discuss enhancements done for high availability and disaster recovery, monitoring, performance, scalability and much more along with demos and scripts that you can take home. We will talk about how we listened, understood and delivered on feedback that we received from customers using SQL Server. We will also show you ways to leverage data movement capabilities between your on-premise datacenters and Azure which will help you expand your boundaries to Azure SQL DB and Azure Virtualizations.
This is a session for DBAs, Database Developers and anyone who runs a production SQL Server instance on the ground, up in the cloud or anywhere in between!
You can also catch us at SQL Clinic where we you can drop by to say Hi, ask your SQL Server question or provide feedback about the product!
SQL BITS – 4th May – 7th May, 2016
Session Name: Debugging made easier using Extended events (Session Link)
Date: 6th May, 2016
Time: 3:30pm – 4:45pm
- Understand the diagnostics enhancements available in SQL Server database engine in SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 3 and above
- Leverage the diagnostics to troubleshoot and mitigate issues quickly in mission-critical environments
- Simplify troubleshooting experience for common SQL Server scenarios
Session Name: Always On Availability Group Troubleshooting Ninja (Session Link)
Date: 6th May, 2016
Time: 12:15pm – 1:15pm
- Troubleshoot failovers in your Availability Group easily
- Determine the reason for connectivity loss and timeouts
- Understand which part of your topology is the reason for latency